Intent2Improve is a private, personal training gym in Buckingham.
The gym is located on Castle Street, right in the heart of the historic quarter of Buckingham and has free on site parking available for clients while they are using the gym.
As a gym, they offer small group personal training – but what does that mean?
Intent2Improve is perfect for you if…
- You’re the type of person who dabbles with going to the gym but never really feels like they get much out of it
- You’re the type of person who is a little bit intimidated of going to the gym
- You’re a seasoned gym goer, who wants to continue improving and being challenged when you’re working out
- You’ve always wanted a personal trainer but didn’t think you could really afford one
- You don’t really feel like you’ve got time to fit the gym into an already hectic lifestyle, then try this out, it might surprise you.
Classes last around 45 – 50 minutes and during that time you get a complete workout, following a structured training programme that evolves throughout the weeks.
The expert personal training staff are on hand to ensure that you are using proper form, doing the right exercises, whilst making it challenging enough to give you a good workout.
Got an old (or a new) niggling injury that you’re worried might hold you back? Not a problem – the coaches adapt and modify the training programme.
The gym itself is relatively small – as a rule class sizes are around 4 – 6 people maximum (except for team training).
There’s adequate social distancing and ventilation – a must in these post Covid days.
There’s loads of modern equipment and enough weights to satisfy all but the most ambitious of power lifters. No weights machines here, just proper racks, barbells, dumbbells and kettle bells.
Intent2Improve started out life at the Swan Pool, where founder Richard Roach would offer personal training sessions to his clients.
In December 2018 they opened their own gym, located in a prime spot on Castle Street.
Sure but how much does it cost?
There are a number of different options, starting from 5 PT sessions a month (plus unlimited Team Training), through to unlimited PT sessions (and unlimited Team Training).
The prices for these start at £179 per month for the basic option and go up to £249 for the unlimited. A popular option with many members is the mid-range 10 PT sessions + unlimited Team Training.
Yes, this is more expensive than paying for a gym membership at Pure Gym or somewhere like that and only going once a month. But if that’s what you’re doing then, quite frankly you’re wasting your time and your money.
However, the real comparison you should make is with the cost of a personal trainer. Locally these start at around £30 per session, plus the cost of a gym membership somewhere to make use of the facilities.
With Intent2Improve you get the benefits of
- experienced trainers
- an excellent gym stocked with all the latest gear
- MyZone heart rate monitoring
- InBody body composition analysis and tracking
- a friendly community atmosphere
- occasional social meets (before and hopefully after all this Covid stuff is finished)
Still not convinced?
Well, you don’t have to take our word for it (even though this was written by someone who has been training with them since December 2018).
They offer a 1 month trial, where you can try out 10 PT sessions (plus Team Training) at the reduced rate of £149 for a month. This provides an opportunity to really get a flavour of what they are about before deciding to commit.